Specialist Property Lawyers Hobson & Latham have been specialising in Conveyancing transactions since 1989. We offer a personal, professional and efficient service with competitive fees.
Moving home is one of the most important decisions you are likely to make and at times the most stressful.
We understand this and aim to deal with all legal aspects of your transaction to ensure a fast, accurate and cost efficient service.
We offer a bespoke conveyancing service for each and every client as no property is exactly the same. Our fees reflect this approach as dealing with an unregistered listed castle add more complexities than a registered freehold house. We provide reliable estimates based on your details which we can provide either by email or via the phone. Our firm’s fees range from £480.00 inclusive of VAT for a low value re-mortgage of freehold property up to £2,400.00 inclusive of VAT for a purchase of a new build Leasehold Million Pound apartment.
It has always been our practice at Hobson & Latham to keep you the client informed at every stage and should complications arise you will be informed before any works start.
Our fee assumes that:
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise.
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
Example of Disbursements on a Freehold sale @ £200,000.00
Bank Transfer fee - £40.00 plus VAT
Official Copy entries - £6.00
Example of Disbursements on a Freehold purchase @ £300,000.00
Stamp Duty Land Tax on purchase - £2,500.00
Local, Drainage & enviro Search fees - £298.00
Land Registry Search - £3.00
Land Registry fee - £150.00
Land Charges Search - £4.00
Buying or selling a home normally takes 10-12 weeks. The process can take longer if you are part of a chain of buyers and sellers.
Key Stages of Sale Transaction
- Buyer and seller instruct Solicitors and details passed to each Solicitor by Estate Agent
- Initial Instruction letter sent to client requesting Identity documentation and signed instruction forms in order to proceed.
- Seller to complete property information forms and fixtures and fittings form
- Contract, Title documentation and property forms issued to buyer’s Solicitor
- Obtain redemption figure from any mortgage company
- Buyer’s Solicitor raises enquiries on documentation supplied
- Sellers and their Solicitors reply to the enquiries
- Contract and Transfer sent to seller to sign and return
- Contracts are exchanged with an agreed fixed completion date
- Buyer pays deposit
- Seller makes arrangement to move out on completion date and hands keys to Estate Agents
- On completion sellers’ Solicitors send Transfer to Buyer’s Solicitor, pay Estate Agents, pay off any outstanding mortgage, deduct their fees and send balance proceeds of sale to the seller
Key Stages of Purchase Transaction
- Buyer and Seller agree sale and Estate Agents send details to each Solicitor
- Initial instruction letter sent to client requesting Identity documents and signed instructions to proceed.
- Contract pack received from Seller’s Solicitor – Searches are put in hand and enquiries raised on paperwork
- Seller’s Solicitor replies to enquiries
- Lender issues mortgage offer
- When Search results received Solicitor will arrange for Buyer to sign Contract, Transfer and other paperwork and request deposit to be paid to them
- Contracts are exchanged and agreed completion date fixed
- Deposit sent to Seller’s Solicitors
- Mortgage advance requested from Lender and final Searches carried out
- Completion statement sent requesting any balance funds in readiness for completion
- On completion Buyer collects keys from Estate Agents and move in
- Transfer and Deeds received from Seller’s Solicitors, Stamp Duty paid and application submitted to Land Registry to register Buyer’s Title